Thursday, May 7, 2009

Is presentation more important than idea?

The project is to design Entertainment center, Library/Office space and Fireplace mantel. For the initial meeting with the client, how do I convey my design? Shall I present a concept where I have these ideas or just great presentation without any big idea? Ideas at concept level can be presented in rough sketch format, but are hard to put into 3D format because they lack many refined details so all sophisticated software are not much helpful. But the good jazzy presentation does impress client in general. I don't know what the client would like. So I learned that it is very important to know your client before you start your work. It is not about how creative are you, but how well you know your client/customer and deliver what the client/customer wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment