Monday, October 19, 2009

Zoom Into SnapIt

I came across this simple software- “SnapIt - Screen Capture 3.9”. I decided to write about it because it fits in my blog titled – Creativity and Business. The creative thoughts have gone into the design of this utility, if used correctly, can definitely affect your business positively.
At the first glance SnapIt appears to have the same function as the utility which comes free with almost all computers (mac and pcs) where by pressing the ‘Prnt Scrn’ on the keyboard, the screen shot gets captured and saved in the scrapbook or can be pasted into word, or other programs. SnapIt does it little more than that it gives the user control to capture the exact region of the screen by marquee.
I have shown three examples below indicating the use of SnapIt and benefits over the regular screen shot. You can see the screen of President Barrack Obama’s speech on Diwali on Youtube.com. Without SnapIt, on the left photo, you have all the distraction of my Firefox’s menu bar on the top and bottom. It does not indicate clearly what I am trying to convey. SnapIt allowed me to be precise in my screen shot without spending any extra minutes.

Second example is the scalability of my text region and so it becomes easier to read in comparison with the regular screen capture.


Third example is taken while working on the remodel project in Autocad, You can exactly tell which one is with SnapIt. The best part is that I am using SnapIt constantly to document my progress.

Also, having a camera icon on my bottom task bar enables me to use that function more frequently. It is almost like having a small camera on my fingertip so I click and click. Voila ! All the screenshots are organized, named and stored the way I want. I don’t worry about them but I know where I have stored them and what I have named them.

I am capturing the screen much more than I have ever used it in past due to its creative interface and the ability to control size of the screen. Now, when I am working on a design of a house on AutoCAD, I constantly record my process of moving walls through SnapIt. I may even make collage or animation of those 40 screenshots captured with SnapIt - Screen Capture 3.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment