Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Join me for beautiful experiences...

Walls adorned with Imaginations-

Do you want to experience something beautiful with me? I am trying a different style of writing to express this. So please bear with me!

We got in to Canadian Light Rail from downtown Fairmont Hotel going towards western side, I fumbled into my purse, found right currency. I am looking around in the bus and for a moment I forgot where am I, people of all ethnicity are in the bus, a refection of a melting pot. Toronto. In few minutes, my friends are getting down and I was disturbed from my senselessly watching outside the windows. We landed on Queen street in a hipster neighborhood, Parkdale.

We were kind of following a guide map and we saw a simple sign 'made you look' Jewellery Studio and Gallery. The name was very unique, "" and I did look and chuckled a little. Check out the sign below.
Photo Credit- Neela Shukla
I suddenly was forced to stop and look up way above and wondering what the hell, what a long Cadillac doing up there. I am not much into car and never notice a Cadillac on the road, but the change of location made me look up and notice it. Interesting!  Check the photo below.

Photo Credit- Neela Shukla
I am crossing the traffic light and just left behind because of this un-usual person on a black wall  in front of me trying to tell something. At the same time, the street sign pole and parked bicycles  in front the wall are telling real people's story. Imagined story by the artist and real life story merged on the wall. Kind of interesting, I hope you find it interesting too. Check it.
Photo Credit- Neela Shukla
I am always behind, I literally have to run or else, I will be taking a cab to hotel by myself. So I run and catch up with my friends, who are already planning for french food for dinner. In minutes, we ended up in this in-fill restuarant looked like just opened a day before. I love the weathering of bricks, creating textures and shades of colors. Great urban design in-fill solution; USA health department and city will give hard time to do this. But here, the street got adorned!
Photo Credit- Neela Shukla
We passed an another block with black painted building, I think, it succeeded in advertising cleverly through painting white stripes in parking area.  I see the projected moving pictures on the dark grey walls, oh no I see a painting, oh my, I am just walking. Please wait for me. I am left behind again. See the photo below.
Photo Credit- Neela Shukla
And suddenly, my friends all are standing and admiring a wall in the middle of two blocks. I see it and became speechless. I gave up analyzing and trying to find out what is painted and what is real. I just enjoyed it. I hope you do the same. Probably the artist wants the same. Enjoy!
Real and Imagined- Photo Credit- Neela Shukla
I hope you experienced a walk in the street of Toronto. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment